Surgical Spirit Episode 24:
Dr. Hussain Gandhi
Dr. Hussain Gandhi (aka. Dr. Gandalf) is a GP partner and trainer at the Nottingham Wellspring Surgery. He is also the owner of eGPlearning, co-host of the eGPlearning Podblast and S1 FBUG.
Sporting a huge love for board games and technology, Dr. Gandhi joins me today to talk about:
- The vaccination debate: anti-vaxxers vs. the wider medical community.
- The benefits and advantages of questioning medical authority.
- The consequences of, and potential solutions to, the stresses of workload and fast-paced living for doctors and the general public.
- Our rapid loss of GPs in the NHS.
- Why physician burnout is almost inevitable unless things change.
- His love for geek culture and adopting the name Dr. Gandalf.
- How technology will to change how medical care is delivered – digital healthcare, medtech, AI, and NHSX.
- His personal initiative to introduce board games as a social activity for self-care and mental health for both doctors and patients.
- And more!
Have any burning questions or comments you'd like to send my way about the podcast?
Perhaps you'd like to join me and share your value and expertise with our listeners?
If so, don't be shy! Go ahead and contact me here.